- About 50 new species described in PNG. (Photos).
- From all reports, Madagascar’s environment is seriously falling victim to the political upheaval. Now, groups doing conservation work in the region have offered an SOS. Frankly, it seems kind of tone deaf to me.
- Try to think of a company that uses an animal as its logo. They might want to consider making sure that animal doesn’t go extinct, yeah? Save your logo!
- Nice story on harbor seals returning to New York harbor.
- Somebody’s suggesting Australia release killer ants to reduce the cane toad problem. I’m sure that will end well.
- Despite some stupid political maneuvering, the Wilderness Lands bill was finally signed yesterday.
- Papua New Guinea is getting its first national conservation area.
- WCS is getting some money from the World Bank and GEF to protect tigers. Weird, since pretty much the entire WCS tiger team moved to Panthera a couple years ago..
- Patagonia employee gets paid time off to bike over 2,000 miles to promote Yukon2Yellowstone project. Blogs about it, with pictures.
- Andy Revkin finally pushes back against George Will. I have to say, the fact that this is such a big deal — that a major columnist is trying to deny climate change — is actually pretty encouraging. I think in years past, Will just would’ve gotten away with it.
- Dave Connell, associate director of marketing at TNC, wants you to know how important marketing is to conservation.
- Obama’s restoring the old ESA rules.
search site archives