- Corey’s got a couple of interesting posts, one on a paper about conservation prioritization based on ecosystem services, and another about succesful conservation in Indonesia (via a TED talk by Willie Smits).
- Salazar has released maps of potential BLM lands fast-tracked for solar energy development.
- 9th Circuit strikes down Bush administration rules relaxing wildlife protections.
- Revkin asks, in a well-linked article, can roads and rain forests coexist? Sure. In the same way that prison inmates coexist.
- Ganges River Dolphins not doing so hot.
- A run down of Sen. Jon Tester’s (D- MT) new wilderness bill.
- Nature-based tourism is both increasing and decreasing, says Balmford.
- How a municipal strike in Windsor, OT changed peoples’ minds about “overgrown” grass.
8,524 photographs of Europe’s colonization of East Africa